Summer Camp 2016
Registering now for this summer! Visit the camp page for more information and a printable brochure.
Spring 2 Session (4/24-6/18)
Golf Classic and Dinner with Live Auction
The 12th Annual Westfield Area Y Golf Classic and Dinner with Live Auction featuring auctioneer John Elliott, WCBS TV is Monday, May 2 at Echo Lake Country Club. Proceeds benefit the Annual Support Campaign. Click here for details.
Healthy Kids Day
This annual FREE community event is Saturday, April 30! Details here.
- Sat, 04-30-2016 - 1:00PM - 4:00PM
FREE for members and the community! Healthy Kids Day is the Y’s national initiative to improve the health and well-being of families by celebrating and teaching good health for kids, encouraging active play and inspiring a lifetime love of physical activity. HEALTHY KIDS DAY is where kids & families get a jump on a lifetime of healthy fun!
Special activities include: Inflatable obstacle course, Carnival games, Arts & crafts, Fun fitness challenges, Swim level evaluations (3:00-4:00PM), Union County Sheriff K-9 unit, Hands-on musical instruments with RMC Studios, Overlook Medical Center’s Teddy Bear Clinic, (bring a stuffed animal!), Meet Sparky from the Somerset Patriots, Sports safety information with Children’s Specialized Hospital, Westfield Rescue Squad ambulance tours, Healthy treats & other giveaways … and more community activities & information!
- Sat, 04-30-2016 - 1:01PM - 4:00PM
Join us at Healthy Kids Day and visit the camp open house at the Main Y Facility:
- Learn more about our ACA-accredited traditional sport, specialty, travel and teen camps available one week or all summer for ages 3-15
- Garwood, Mountainside & Westfield locations available
- Mon, 05-02-2016 - 10:00AM - 8:30PM
- Fri, 05-06-2016 - 7:30PM - 10:00PM
Our dance theme is "black and white!"
Hang out with friends or mix with new ones. Our DJ team will spin great music, run games, and have plenty of giveaways.A 2015-2016 School Year Youth/Teen Event Registration Form is required (one form valid through August, 2016)
- We are a peanut free environment
- $8 in advance (at Main Y Welcome Center) or $10 at door; drinks and snacks available, $1 each
- For information, contact Marty Collett at 908-233-2700 x405 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thu, 05-12-2016 - 8:30AM - 5:00PM
Enjoy the splendor of Spring at Chanticleer Gardens in Wayne, PA. Tour the 1913 country house of a former pharmaceutical magnate and an easy-to-walk excursion to see a magnificent woodland and shrubs garden, meadows, stream garden, sculptures, and a produce garden. Fee includes transportation and two-hour tour. The cost of a restaurant lunch is additional. Depart from Lord & Taylor parking lot at 8:30AM, return at approximately 5:00PM. Register by 4/25. Fee: $65 (Member, Non-Member) Prog. #: 1AHTRIP
- Sat, 05-14-2016 - 7:45AM - 11:00AM
Fitness and fun with family and friends...all to support the Annual Support Campaign! “FUN” RAISER details and schecude
- Fri, 05-20-2016 - 3:30PM - 11:30PM
Grades 5-10...for members and the community! Grab some friends for Friday Night Fun Fest at Dorney Park! Bus departs Roosevelt Intermediate School at 3:30PM and returns to the Main Y at 11:30PM. Fee includes transportation, admission and chaperones. Permission slip required (page 2). Register by 5/16. Rain date: 6/3.
- Sun, 05-22-2016 - 1:00PM - 5:00PM
Baseball lovers of all ages are invited to join us for a day at the game as the Somerset Patriots take on the Long Island Ducks! Activities start at Noon, game starts at 1:05PM Fee: $10/person for members and the community. Provide own transportation. Members can register online, everyone can register at the Welcome Center. Prog. #: 1SLPATRIOTS (session: 2016)
- Mon, 05-30-2016 (All day)
The Westfield Area Y is closed for Memorial Day.
- Thu, 06-02-2016 - 6:00PM - 10:30PM
Priority registration begins 6:00PM Thursday, 6/2 for Gold and Silver Members (open registration begins 7:30AM Monday, 6/6 for Program and Non Members). Summer Session begins 6/19.
- Mon, 06-06-2016 - 7:30AM - 8:00PM
Open registration begins 7:30AM Monday, 6/6 for Program and Non Members. Priority registration begins 6:00PM Thursday, 6/2 for Gold and Silver Members. Summer Session begins 6/19.
- Wed, 06-15-2016 - 7:00AM - 9:00PM
THANK YOU to our members! Enjoy a free gift when you visit the Y today.
- Mon, 07-04-2016 (All day)
The Westfield Area Y is closed for July 4.
- Mon, 09-05-2016 (All day)
The Westfield Area Y is closed for Labor Day.
- Sun, 09-18-2016 - 11:00AM
Previously named Greta's Run, this event continues to support special needs programs at the Westfield Area Y, such as the Dragonfly Program. We hope that you can support our cause! Run/Walk/Roll, sponsor, volunteer, or donate!
- Thu, 11-24-2016 - 6:00AM - 12:00PM
The Westfield Area Y is open 6:00AM - Noon Thanksgiving Day.
- Sat, 12-24-2016 - 3:00PM
The Westfield Area Y closes at 3:00PM Christmas Eve.
- Sun, 12-25-2016 (All day)
The Westfield Area Y is closed for Christmas.
- Sat, 12-31-2016 - 6:00PM
The Westfield Area Y closes at 6:00PM New Year's Eve.
- Sun, 01-01-2017 - 10:00AM - 4:00PM
Start your year of healthy living with a visit to the Y on New Year's Day 10:00-4:00PM!
• First 500 members & guests receive a FREE gift...Bring a friend!
• FREE TRX®class at 11:00AM (for beginners) and at Noon (each limited to 12 participants)
• 25% off Personal Training (Offer valid in person, limit one per person, not valid with Intro Special, sessions expire 3/31/16.)