Karen has enjoyed working at the Westfield Area Y since 2005. She began her Y career at the Dixon Illinois Family Y in Dixon, Illinois. She continues to be dedicated to the Y because it is the only health and fitness organization that will not refuse any person membership due to financial hardship. She is an avid believer in the Annual Support Campaign of the Y and the good works the Y does for the community. She holds dearly in her heart the mission of the Y – for youth development, social responsibility, and healthy living.
Karen’s primary focus is aquatic personal training. The Y has two pools which allows for every type of training ;strength, cardio respiratory, flexibility, agility, balance, coordination, and fun. She currently teaches both deep and shallow water exercise classes along with Ai Chi. Karen resides in Mountainside NJ with her husband and daughter.
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- AEA Certified Water Fitness Professional- Aquatic Exercise Association
- Ai Chi Certified Instructor
- Delay the Disease Certified Parkinson’s Instructor
- Arthritis Foundation Certified Program Leader
- AQX Certified Water Running Instructor
- YMCA Certified Group Fitness Instructor/ Strength and Conditioning Certified
- Schwinn Fitness Certified Instructor
- YMCA Certified Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
- AEA Large Size Population Certified, Yo-Pi-Chi
- Aquatic Therapy and Rehabilitation Member- ATRI
- ACSM Member
- University of Connecticut- BS in Business Administration -1985