Kathy Robb won a gym membership in college and hasn’t stopped working out since! After graduating from Penn State with a BS in Finance and working for 15-years in the financial community, she decided to step away from corporate America and got her Personal Training Certification thru the Aerobics & Fitness Association of America (AFAA). Her training philosophy is twofold ~ first, it’s got to be fun if people are going to do it, and second, being fit is more than just a good workout; it’s a lifestyle. She strives to motivate people to make the decision to change their life and take the necessary steps to make it happen!
Kathy's broad experience as a fitness trainer ranges from training a 17 year old with the goal of losing weight for the prom, to helping a group of 3 stay-at-home Moms lose a combined 37 pounds, to training a 40 year old who had never run before to completing a 5k, to working with a 90 year old to regain balance and improve flexibility. She has also helped multiple people train for a race of their choice, many brides get ready for their weddings, several men figure out they need to get some exercise in their lives and countless moms looking to lose that baby fat, get back into a workout routine!
An avid runner, Kathy has coached an adult running class, has successfully completed two NYC marathons as well as two Sprint Triathlons, and has served as a Mentor for the Danskin SheRox Triathlon for the NY Metro Area. She has run multiple road races and completed the Rugged Maniac Mud Run. Kathy has earned credits in Nutrition Fundamentals, Youth Conditioning and Senior Fitness, amongst others.
Certifications, Accomplishments & Affiliations:
- Aerobics & Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Certified Personal Trainer
- TRX Group Training Course Certified
- Kettlebell Certified
- Somerset School of Massage Therapy Certified Massage Therapist
- American Red Cross CPR/AED Certified
- American Red Cross First Aid Certified
- Successfully completed two NYC Marathons
- Successfully completed two Sprint Triathlons & served as Mentor for the Danskin SheRox Triathlon for the NY Metro Area
- Member of the American Massage Therapy Association