Do I get to use the YMCA Facilities with my summer membership?
No, the summer membership is only valid for the outdoor pools. It does not allow you to use the YMCA facilities. The outdoor pools are a stand-alone membership through the township of Cranford.
How can I use the YMCA Facilities or swim indoors, while waiting for renovations to be complete?
A Cranford Family Center YMCA membership must be purchased at the Main Y in Westfield to utilize the indoor facility at the Centennial Avenue Pool. Until the facility is open, your membership grants you access to YMCA facilities located at 220 Clark St, Westfield. The anticipated opening is in late 2023.
Westfield Area YMCA Location: 220 Clark Street in Westfield (off North Avenue)
Parking and Entrance: The Y member parking lot is across the street from the Y, next to the Bank of America ATM. You are welcome to park there or on the street in front of the building. The entrance is in the front of the building, up the ramp or stairs.
Forms: You will need to complete the Y membership application and bring your driver’s license and Cranford Community ID. Here is the link to complete the form before you come into the Y:
You are entitled to the Y’s silver membership amenities which are:
- Access to Main Facility including two pools, double gym (basketball, pickleball), free weight room, cardio room, strength training room and Fitness Express Center
- Access to Men’s, Women’s, Boy’s, and Family silver locker room
- Free group fitness classes and water fitness classes
- Racquetball (reservations required)
- Kids Club (babysitting) for an additional fee
- Discounted fees on classes & programs
- Priority program registration
- 1-hour orientation with a Y Health & Wellness Staff Member
- Family swim for families
Locker Rooms: You will have access to the silver locker rooms on the lower level. When you come in one of the Y’s Welcome Center representatives will be happy to assist you if you are interested.
Membership Cards: The Y will provide you with a Cranford Family Center YMCA membership cards that will allow you to scan in quickly when you use the facility. You will receive your membership card at your first visit. An app is also available so you can store the ID card on your phone.
The Y is happy to have you complete the paperwork, give you a tour and answer any questions in advance. Call 908-301-9622 or visit in person.