We are looking forward to a fun-filled safe summer with your children!
Registration begins January 2 for Early Bird Special only. Deposit only registration begins February 1. We recommend that you register early as camps fill quickly. The following is required at registration:
- Active membership for camper (unless camp is available to a non-member)
- Deposits (or full payment after the due dates below)
- Registration form
- Health History form
Current members may register online at www.westfieldynj.org. In-person registration is also available at the Main Y Welcome Center.
January Early Bird Special: Pay in full for camps and get a 10% discount. Not valid for Before Care or After Care. Offer is valid online or in-person 1/2-1/31/23.
Multiple Child Discount: Receive a 5% discount for additional children in the same family registered for the same week(s) of any traditional camps. Discount is applied to the camper(s) with the lower camp
fee. Offer must be applied during in-person registration and is not available for online registrations. NOTE: In-person registration is required to receive both specials simultaneously.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS
• Deposit: $100 per session.
• Payment: Balance is due May 10 for weeks 1-4 and June 10 for weeks 5-9. In-person registration balances will be automatically charged to the credit card provided for deposit unless arrangements are made in advance to pay by cash, check or a different credit card. For online registrations, a Y staff member will contact you for payment as credit card information for online deposits is not stored. Unpaid balances after the due date are considered a cancellation—deposit is forfeited, and registration canceled.
• Wait list: Deposits are not required to be placed on a wait list.
• Late pick-up fee: $20 for every 15 minutes after camp end time.
CHANGES OR CANCELLATIONS
• Requests for changes and cancellations must be in writing and emailed to: email@example.com.
• Changes are permitted up to two weeks prior to session without a change fee. There is a $25 fee per change if changes are made within two weeks of a camp start date.
• Canceling any week of camp follows the policy below:
- On or before February 28: Option of refund less 5% cancellation fee or Y credit for full amount (no cancellation fee).-
- March 1- April 30: Option of refund less 5% cancellation fee and $100 per session deposit (if paid-in-full, $100 per session is considered deposit) or Y credit less $100 per session deposit (no cancellation fee).
- May 1- June 9: If we can fill the spot, you will receive a Y credit on your account for the full amount paid for the week of camp less the $100 deposit. For a refund, there is an additional 5% cancellation fee. If we cannot fill the spot, no Y credit or refund will be issued.
• Deposits and membership fees are non-refundable.
• Deposits are not transferable to siblings or other programs.
• All refunds are charged a 5% cancellation fee.
• Y credits expire one year from date issued.
We believe in serving the needs of all members of our community including those who may be unable to pay the full cost of membership or programs. Financial assistance is available for Traditional, Extended Day and Leadership camps. Applicant must live or work in our service area of Cranford, Garwood, Mountainside or Westfield. Financial assistance requests for camp are due by April 30. Applications received later will be considered on an as-available basis. The financial assistance application is available online and at all Westfield Area Y locations.
Please contact Susan Morton at 908-301-YMCA (9622) x228 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and requirements.
Forms are available online or at the Main Y Welcome Center:
• Health History Form is due at time of registration for all campers. This form can be amended and resubmitted prior to camp if there are changes to the camper’s health history. A physician’s signature is not required.
• Medical Distribution Form is due first day of camp if your child needs medication while at camp, such as use of an EpiPen, asthma inhaler or any other medication. The medication must be in its original container
labeled with child’s name and prescription. A physician’s signature is required.
• Allergy Action Plan Form is due first day of camp if your child has allergies. A physician’s signature is required.
SUMMER NEWS & FORMS
Most camps are only available to Westfield Area Y members. The camper’s membership must be active at the time of registration and through the end of registered camps. The fee for a camp is locked-in according to the membership category at the time of registration and will not change should membership category change. A non-member may register for a total of one week of specialty camps at the non-member fee. Family category members receive the lowest camp fees and have full membership privileges. To learn more about the benefits included with your membership, ask at the Welcome Center or contact Amanda Aguirre at 908-301-YMCA (9622) x258 or email@example.com.
Our Welcome Center may be reached at 908-301-YMCA (9622) during Main Y Facility hours and can answer most questions regarding camp! You may also contact the Camp Information Hotline at x405 and leave your name, phone number, the age of your child(ren) and a brief message…a member of our camp team will contact you!